Civil and Commercial Litigation | Arbitration | Construction | Criminal | Employment
Sudesh graduated from the University of London and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in 2006. Formerly a Partner at Mohanadass Partnership, Sudesh’s extensive practice experience ranges from handling disputes involving commercial and civil litigation, construction and engineering disputes, contractual, as well as tortious claims. His other areas of work include
conveyancing matters and advisory work. He regularly appears at all levels of the High Court of Malaya.
- LL.B (Honours) University of London (2004)
- Certificate of Legal Practice (2005)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2006)
- Arbitration in Kuala Lumpur under the KLRCA Rules over disputes arising from a monorail project;
- Arbitration in Singapore under the SIAC Rules over disputes arising from a monorail project;
- Arbitration in Kuala Lumpur under the KLRCA Rules over disputes arising from the construction of a disaster recovery centre;
- Arbitration in Kuala Lumpur over disputes arising from fre damage to an oil storage facility;
- Represented a listed company in resisting enforcement proceedings relating to a foreign arbitral award;
- Represented various sub-contractors as well as employers in adjudication proceedings under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012;
- Represented a company in an action for fraudulent misrepresentation against a foreign medical university;
- Represented a company in action relating to the call of counter-guarantees involving a local bank and a foreign state bank;
- Represented a multi-national distribution company in claims for fraud and breach of contact against a former employee;
- Represented a technology company in an action relating to the termination of an agency agreement;
- Represented individuals and companies in claims seeking damages for defamation;
- Resisting and initiating winding-up proceedings against various companies;
- Represented a company in initiating and pursuing the examination of witnesses into the afairs of a Judgment Debtor;
- Represented a foreign lecturer in an unfair dismissal action involving an established university in Malaysia;
- Represented individuals in various motor-vehicle claims including successfully recovering damages in the amount of RM2.7 million in a motor vehicle accident involving a teenager;
- Represented companies and individuals in various property transactions in Malaysia;
- Represented various clients in drafting employment related agreements;
- Involved in drafting, reviewing and advising on various share sale agreements as well as shareholders agreements;
- Involved in drafting and reviewing sale of business and assets agreements;
- Represented and advised on matters relating to procedures for disciplinary actions against employees.
- Successfully defended accused persons in respect of charges involving criminal misappropriation of property and armed robbery as well as in relation to matters involving the Immigration Act 1959/63.
- Represented various individuals in disciplinary proceedings under the Legal Profession Act 1976;
- Represented insurance companies in defending insurance related claims; and
- Represented members of an organisation in resisting a judicial review application on its heritage status.