Amit Singh Penesar
Corporate & Civil Litigation | Medical Negligence
Amit Penesar graduated from the University of West England Bristol and was admitted as a Barrister at Law (Lincoln’s Inn). He commenced his chambering with Teja Singh Penesar & Co under the tutelage of Mr Teja Singh and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar. He furthered his studies by obtaining a Masters in Business Administration and is an accredited mediator with the Malaysian Mediation Centre.
Mostly involved in litigation practice, Amit Penesar proves himself skilful in conducting full trials of matters ranging from corporate disputes to various issues arising from development and construction projects including disputes involving occupants of land marked for development and breaches of joint venture agreements.
- LL.B (Honours) University of West of England, Bristol (2002) (Templeman Scholar)
- MBA University of Charles Sturt, Australia (2004)
- Barrister-at-Law Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London (2005)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2006)
- Accredited mediator, Malaysian Mediation Counsel
- Acted as Counsel for OCBC Bank Berhad and Gelebar Emas (M) Sdn Bhd in a dispute with the previous proprietor of land which was sold at an auction on 27/10/1993 and which Gelebar Emas as the intended developer subsequently purchased.
- Acted as counsel for the vendors of several properties in the State of Penang valued in excess of RM40 million against claims of fraud and breach of contract by Nature Legend Sdn Bhd, a company related to Mah Singh Group.
- Acted as Counsel for various developers in obtaining vacant possession of properties from occupants settled thereon without the permission or authority of the registered owner.
- Acted as Counsel for Magnil Corporation Sdn Bhd in relation to criminal charges brought against it for breaches against the Town & Country Planning Act 1976 in relation to a building gazetted as a historical site.
- Advised and acted for white knights in rehabilitating abandoned housing projects which involved negotiating and entering into compromise agreements with various financial institutions and purchasers of units in the projects.
- Acted as Counsel for various developers in appealing against the refusal of planning permission or conditions imposed on the planning permission.
- Acted as Counsel for and against various companies in Winding Up Proceedings and Minority Action.
- Acted as Counsel for the Graduate Engineer of Menara UMNO in suits filed by the widow of the person killed following the collapse of the feature wall and a further suit filed by the owner of Menara UMNO.
- Acted as counsel for Motonation Sdn Bhd, the sole distributor of KTM brand of motorcycles in Malaysia (up to December 2015).
- Acted as counsel for various players in the poultry and agriculture industry including CAB Cakaran Corporation Bhd, Yengher Sdn Bhd, Hwa Huat Industries Sdn Bhd, Kami Farming Sdn Bhd and Sin Long Heng Breeding Farm Sdn Bhd amongst others.